IPL 2018 Auctions Live and Results
IPL 2018 Auctions on 27th and 28th Jan 2018
- Chennai Super Kings bag Harbhajan for Rs 2 crore
- Chennai Super Kings gets Faf du Plessis for Rs 1.60 crore.
- Australian player Mitchell Starc sold to Kolkata for Rs 9.40 crore
- Ajinkya Rahane goes to Rajasthan Royals for Rs 4.00 crore
- Mumbai Indians retains Kieron Pollard for Rs 5.40 crore.
- Ravichandran Ashwin goes for Rs 7.60 crore to Kings XI Punjab.
- Shikhar Dhawan goes to Hyderabad
- Ankit Rajpoot sold for Rs 3 Crores to Kings XI Punjab
- Navdeep Saini is bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for of 3 Cr Rs
- Khaleel Ahmed is bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs 3 Crore
- Basil Thampi sold to Sunrisers Hyderabad for 95 Lakh.
- Aniket Chaudhury sold to Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 30 Lakh.
- Kulwant Khejroliya sold to RCB for 85 Lakh.
- Siddharth Kaul sold to Sunrisers Hyderabad for Rs.3.8 Cr.
- T Natrajan sold for Rs 40 Lakh.
IPL 2018 Retention List
- MS Dhoni, R Jadeja and Raina are retained by Chennai super kings in IPL 2018 Auctions while Rishabh Pant, Chris Morris and Shreyas Iyer are retained by Delhi Daredevils. Axar Patel has been retained by kings XI Punjab. Sunil Narine and Andre Russell are retained by Kolkata Knight Riders while Rohit Sharma, Hardik Pandya and Jasprit Bumrah are retained by Mumbai Indians. Hyderabad Sun Risers has taken David Warner and Bhuvneshwar Kumar while Steve Smith has been retained by Rajasthan Royals.
IPL 2018 Auctions will be little different this time. Each franchise can retain 5 players by a combination of Player Retention (Pre Player Auction) and Right to Match (RTM) (during the Player Auction).
Right to match means Right to first choice.
Salary cap for IPL 2018 Auctions:
This time IPL highest salary cap has been fixed as 80 crores compared to 66 crores in earlier seasons of IPL.
Fate of IPL 2018 Auctions depends on the next IPL Owners meeting. Star Sports has won IPL 2018 media rights. IPL Player auctions for 2018 are expected shortly.
Chennai super kings and Rajasthan Royals are back to IPL 2018. And They are looking to retain their old team particularly chennai. Dhoni has made his choice clear in many press meets.
IPL 2018 Auctions date
27th and 28th January – Complete players will be decided
Earlier updates about IPL 2018 Auctions:
- Shane Bond eyeing coaching role in IPL.
- SUN TV shares expected to rise according to CITI, due to IPL revenue.
- Earlier Kolkata and Rajasthan team opposed Dhoni s return to Chennai. (They don’t want retention policy).
Expected Top auction players:
Krishmar Santokie, Kesrick Williams, Evin Lewis, Rayad Emrit, Chadwick Walton. New Teams have written to IPL authorities asking for a retention policy. It was thought all players will be put in the auction pool but there is a demand for retention. There is also a suggestion for matching cards system.
IPL 2018 Media Auction Results:
Star India was declared as the winner of the IPL media rights from 2018 for 5 years. Star Sports won the auction with a consolidated global bid worth Rs 16347.50 crore and Star outbid Sony’s bid of Rs 11058 crore to bag the rights. Other bidders are Airtel, Facebook, Times Internet, Reliance Jio, be IN Sports, SuperSport, Yupp TV, Gulf DTH, BAM Tech, Econet Media Group, Perform Group, and Followon Interactive Media.
IPL 2018 Player & Team Auctions:
Popular Questions regarding IPL 2018 auctions to be answered.
- Will there be a fresh auction for players like Dhoni, Kohli, Rohit, etc?
- Will there be a common pool for sale ?
- Do you think Vijay Mallya will visit India for Auctions ?
- Whom do you think will get highest price if all the players including Dhoni, Gayle, Rohit, Kohli, etc. are put in the open IPL auction?
- How many players can a team retain in the IPL 2018?
IPL 2017 Auction Results:
Ben Stokes, allrounder from england fetched the highest bid price of Rs 14 crore from Rising Pune team. He is now the costliest foreign player to be bought in the history of IPL while an other England player Tymal Mills got Rs 12 crore from Royal Challengers Bangalore.